Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I am Grateful for You

At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. 
~Albert Schweitzer
 
I know this to be true: Even seemingly small actions make a big difference in letting go of worry. One of those actions is to be thankful.
 
In my first book CALM, "being thankful" is one of the 52 worry-releasing strategies. I wrote, "Write a list of the things for which you're truly grateful. Focusing on them, instead of what you regret or worry about, will go a long way in building happiness and calming your mind. Spend a few moments at the beginning or end of each day to reflect on and appreciate the abundance you already possess."
 
One of the things that often shows up on my gratitude list is people. I'm grateful for my family, friends, clients, and I'm grateful for YOU--my subscribers. Your continued support, feedback, and stories inspire me to keep doing what I do and for that I am truly thankful.
 
There are people in your life right now for whom you are grateful. Who are they? Today, reach out and say thank you to those you lead, live with, and love. Ignite the torch of appreciation--it will help you to reconnect with your inner peace and it just might rekindle a spark in someone whose light is trying to shine a little brighter.

No comments: